Getting to know ebBP
Collaborative business processes using ebBP encompass some basic premises and include:
Partners or parties
Roles that partners or parties assume
Conditions whereby they interact
Business transaction patterns that support the activities and the conditions expected
The ebBP defines a standard language to configure business systems for business collaboration execution between collaborating parties or business partners. It is targeted for monitoring of collaborative business processes these entities. Today, ebBP has evolved from previous versions to integrate the use of other emerging technologies as part of eBusiness solutions focused on SOA.
- Integrates internationally defined or partner-specified business transaction patterns.
- Allows infrastructure flexibility for underlying messaging protocols used while providing computable quality of service and conditional constructs.
- Handles complex activities, choreographies and business collaborations including multi-party relationships that involve role binding changes.
- Is monitoring focused.
- Is primarily targeted for eBusiness and collaborating partners rather than enterprise applications.
- Has gained more attention in user communities than with technology vendors.